Many software frameworks have surfaced over throughout the world to develop and enhance the large-scale applications. Java and .NET are two of them; both are major technologies to support the desktop and server-side application. Now the question comes up what is better to choose or what is much ideal for developers in 2018? Generally, if we speak about Java and. NET both are different from each other in some ways; besides both languages have own programming method so it is not easy to choose what should be adaptable to your project. Whether you can choose one out of both in the next year comparing some important features and services that we are discussing here –
“Technical Comparison between Java and .NET”
Coming across the technology features of both framework you can recognize your preference on the basis of your knowledge and proficiency of one out of both frameworks. Have a glance at the technical compatibility of Java and.NET-
2. Web service support in Java- Add-on
3. Java performs on JUnit for unit testing and JSF(Java Server faces) for Web Server Scripting.
4. Data is accessed in Java by JDBC (Java Database Connectivity).
5. Java is compatible with any operating system and Web Application Framework in Java is “Spring”.
6. Server components are EJBs and the GUI components are JavaBeans.
7. Java uses JVM (Java Virtual Machine) to Runtime process.
1. Dot Net supports C#, VB.NET, C++, NET, PHP, Ruby, Python and other programming languages.
2. Web server – Built-in
3. For unit testing, it supports Microsoft Unit Testing Framework, NUnit and for Web Server Scripting it uses NET development services.
4. In dot Net, Data is accessed by ADO.NET & OLeDB.
5. It works on Window operating system and the Web Application framework is ASP.NET MVC and Spring.NET.
6. Server components are NET and COM whereas GUI components are .NET Class.
7. Dot Net works at CLR (Common Language Runtime) to Runtime process and HTTP engine is IIS.
Functional Similarities and Differences
You can pick up one on the basis of technology features and compatibility discussed above, but we have more characteristics of both that can make you ease for choosing better framework rather than another to your projects in 2018-
Object-Oriented frameworks: – You can use all functionalities of oops like inheritance, polymorphism, classes, string, and encapsulation etc in your application/web development using both languages because it makes your code more modular and flexible for your project.
The Range of Target Platforms: – Both frameworks are compatible with the web, desktop window, and mobile app development. .Net is used to manufacture window programming like websites and application whereas Java performed to develop Android applications.
Web Services Integration: – Both languages have capabilities to fabricate integrated web services like building Window/Android applications more extensible and interoperable; furthermore alike components and features of Java and .NET provide a typical method for accessing the database, scripting web pages and handling messages etc.
Interpretation and Compilation: – .NET project code is performed and executed on the operating system on which it was compiled whereas Java code is made in interpreted manner means isn’t modified to machine language. It is helpful for better performance of C# language.
Data types Keywords: – To define the data types of both frameworks different keywords are used; e.g. “Boolean” for Java and “bool” for .NET and “const” in Java but “read-only” in.NET.
LINQ: – LINQ allows developers to ask quires using the code directly whereas Java has no LINQ feature to deploy.
Which is better between the Two?
The following points will definitely give you the first sight to select a much better thing to your future projects; so going through the factors you can able to choose better one in 2018-
1. More devices can run Java (Android and Linux) rather than.NET.
2. Java is an open source framework whereas .NET needs Window license.
3. Microsoft does not support Cloud, IoT, and big data but Java does.
4. Java training is less costly where for .NET you have to pay too much.
5. Java provides independent platforms opposed to .NET.
6. Java language is used to develop the native application but NET application development is a single solution on the server-side platform.
Java and .NET both are the major frameworks to develop software but the important thing is what is better for your project; besides, it is no longer tough now to select one if you compare both going through the above study. The upcoming year 2018 will bring more new technologies with new aspects and what from Java and .NET will enhance the IT world; only you can decide this as per your preference and requirements.
ARKA Softwares is full-fledged mobile app Development Company; we concentrate on each inclination of customers what they need or for what they are willing. We specialize in Android development, Dot Net development and several technology services. You can deal with us whether you are planning for your new project. To know more about our services, mail at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Rahul Mathur is the founder and managing director of ARKA Softwares, a company renowned for its outstanding mobile app development and web development solutions as well as specialized in Android and iOS app development. Delivering high-end modern solutions to all over the globe, Rahul takes pleasure in sharing his experiences and views on latest technological trends.