While planning any new Android Application you need to choose what can make your application much beautiful and attractive. Developers go through a selection procedure of language to be used for coding of application. Amongst which majorly preferred languages are Java and Kotlin. Java, the traditional language, is used mostly by the Android developers and Kotlin, is proclaimed official language for Android by Google. For making a decision here are some important pointers that can help you select the appropriate one from the Java and Kotlin-
Java vs. Kotlin
Why is Java?
As we have mentioned above that Java is the traditional language to manufacture Android apps. If you investigate at top 10 mobile app development companies you still find Java is the best programming language because developers have been using it since before the Android mobiles came to use. Furthermore, it is also much appropriate having immense open source tools/aspects and libraries to provide a congruous support the developers. Besides, Java community gives online support whether a developer needs anywhere, anytime.
For beginners, Java is the subject that offers lots of opportunities in Android development field that can make their knowledge job laborious. Some important factors about Java that might be adaptable-
- It provides integrated codes available online.
- It can be updated frequently.
- Android system supports Java language code which is too much than you expect.
- For Java development, Android system connects all libraries with it.
- For freelancers, Java provides many app development tasks to master their expertise and knowledge.
Why is Kotlin?
Kotlin, since is the official language for Android development, is gaining rapid popularity among mobile app development companies in the US. Google publicized it as an official language because Android market in the US is smaller comparatively, so the development companies might show an interest in Kotlin rather than Java. Second thing is, people are showing much interest in Kotlin and preferring it, reasons its syntax is so easy to understand and you do not need to adopt upper-level programming terminologies to learn it. Even beginners can learn this language without any extra hitches.
Having a look at given factors you can find more reasons for choosing Kotlin as per your preference-
- Android IDE has all libraries and functionalities that are required when running the Kotlin code.
- You can find online approx 2000 Android GitHub projects built in Kotlin; means you have more projects rather than Java.
- The interoperable thing between Java and Kotlin is, developers are able to perform both at the same instance.
- Using a plugin allows you to convert Java codes into Kotlin; so it is much appreciable for any Android developer.
- It is useful in removal of the garbage collection.
Read also: KOTLIN: NEW PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE FOR ANDROID
Which One Should You Prefer?
Both languages are highly efficient but you need to select one.
- According to the top 10 app development companies, Java is much flexible for enterprise app development whereas Kotlin personal favorite of beginners and small businesses and startups.
- The other point is that Java has its active market around it so, still it is much favorable among developers but Kotlin is a new thing so the new developers can adopt this language and likewise it is going to be peerless hugely among professionals also.
- Java is defiantly much practiced language but we all have previous experiences that the new thing always presents much stuff with new taste; so you should just try Kotlin for your next project if not, Java has its position by now.
While selecting the accurate language for your new project, it is necessary to optimize best strategies top to bottom because choosing better one from both languages is complicated when you are already proficient in particular one. Moreover, seek consult of experts and professionals to implement your outlines straightforwardly.
ARKA Softwares is full-fledged mobile app Development Company; we concentrate on each inclination of customers what they needs or for what they are willing. We specialize in Android development, .Net development and several technology services. You can deal with us whether you are planning for your new project. To know more about our services, mail at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Rahul Mathur is the founder and managing director of ARKA Softwares, a company renowned for its outstanding mobile app development and web development solutions as well as specialized in Android and iOS app development. Delivering high-end modern solutions to all over the globe, Rahul takes pleasure in sharing his experiences and views on latest technological trends.