Driving is fun, relaxing, and can be liberating. But, driving through the peak city traffic when you have too much on your mind can be extremely stressful and sometimes dangerous. Driving to another city for work or attending a family function can ruin your day, as you may be too tired for the presentation or the festivities. Also, if you are running a business and have a cargo truck with an order that needs to be delivered ASAP, but your regular driver is sick and cannot make it. Or you cannot afford to hire an everyday driver but need to make shipments every now and then within the city or to nearby towns. You have a vehicle and all necessary clearances, but a trusted driver is hard to come by.
The solution to both problems is a way to find trusted and verified drivers who have appropriate licenses and permits to drive your personal, passenger, or commercial vehicles when you need them. It is becoming challenging with every passing day to find trained, licensed, and trustworthy drivers for on-demand assignments and short-term contracts.
Finding and hiring someone you can lay your trust in handing over your vehicle is not easy. Everyone loves their cars and take pride in their fleet of luxury buses or powerful trucks. So, they attach great emotional value to them and find it hard to part away from the keys to just anyone.
On the other hand, there are people who have driver’s licenses, do not mind sitting behind the wheel waiting for their passengers while they shop, taking long and short drives, and are actively looking for a driver’s job. These drivers may be regular drivers on the payroll of a trucking company or a cab service who wants to earn extra in their spare time. They can also be ordinary folks who want to supplement their income by utilizing their driving skills and training. Such people do not get additional work or short-term gigs at regular cab services or trucking or logistics companies as they already have their standard drivers. These drivers do not have cars or trucks of their own to run them as an on-demand cab or on-demand mover, either. They have a tough time finding short gigs to use their driver’s training and skills to earn extra income.
An Uber-like on-demand driver app is the perfect solution for matchmaking of drivers available for short-gigs and clients who need the services of these drivers. A service to hire on-demand drivers for your personal commutation needs, to drive your tourist bus, or the truck full of your goods. Our on-demand driver booking and hiring app work on the same principle of on-demand businesses that was first made successful and famous by Uber. That is one of the reasons we call our on-demand driver app the “Uber for Drivers,” and for good reasons, as you will see.
The on-demand driver app is simple to use for drivers, who are usually not very well-read, and for clients from all walks of life – a corporate executive, a family going on vacation, a small shop or business owner, or even the operator of a large fleet of trucks. Once you have downloaded the appropriate version of the app, there are different version for drivers and for clients, register and start hiring drivers for your use. If you are a client, you can set up an online payment mode using a credit or debit card or an eWallet. Similarly, if you are a driver, you can set up a bank account to receive online payments. There is always the option of making direct payment through cash or direct eWallet-based transfers.
What is an On-Demand Driver App?
The on-demand driver app like Uber for passengers and for clients is a convenient and simple app to use. If you have earlier used any of the on-demand apps for cab or food-delivery, then you can use the app without any hesitation or difficulty.
- To use the app, once you have set up your account and set up payment details, you can start booking your on-demand driver by just putting a pin on your current location and the type of service you need. The data analytics-enabled backend systems will instantly provide you with the best match in the form of multiple drivers.
- Once you have selected the driver you need and then simply tap the “Book Now” or “Schedule for Later” buttons to call the driver immediately or at a scheduled time. That’s it. Is this not simple and convenient?
- As per your wishes, a professional on-demand driver will reach your selected address at the booked date and time.
- If you have booked the driver services for commuting children or the elderly in the family, then the app provides you to track their entire journey live on the app. This feature also helps business owners and fleet operators to track their commercial vehicles – buses, passenger vehicles, taxis, pickups, and trucks.
- When the one-way or the round trip completes, you can make the payment for the services in any manner you want – online banking, cards, integrated eWallet, or even cash. The online payment methods are secure, fast, and easy to use, just like the rest of the app.
- Once the trip and payment are out of the way, you can rate the services of the driver and submit a review.
- The on-demand driver app from the experienced team of Arka Softwares can be your next big money-spinner for these simple reasons. It is a god-sent for people on the move who need to squeeze every minute out of their busy schedules or for businesses that are frequently looking for a driver to transport their goods.
- Most seniors own a car but cannot drive their cars due to heavy traffic or neurological or physical conditions. But that does not mean that they need to be confined to their homes and do not visit friends, attend functions, see doctors, or go out shopping.
- With the services of our affordable, efficient, and careful drivers, even the elderly can leave the confinements of their homes and go shopping, picnic, visit friends and attend functions.
- The registered drivers are efficient, with thousands of hours of driving experience under their belt. The driver registration process is thorough, and their details like driver’s license, background verification, and testimonials from their employers.
- A professional team of Arka Softwares has experience in developing many successful on-demand apps, they have all the details and technical expertise to create the app of your dreams. As the business owner or the visionary, you are then free to take care of the business aspects like driver onboarding, client acquisition, financing, marketing, and acquiring appropriate licenses.
What is driving on-demand driver app businesses?
- The opportunities in the global on-demand transportation services market are growing with the increase in business, more people opting for home delivery of goods, and increasing the cost of vehicle ownership. The traffic and parking conditions in many cities are also not very conducive for owning a personal vehicle or taking it out to the office or market.
- The commercial and passenger vehicles need trained and efficient drivers who are challenging to come by these days. If you own a car and need a driver for a short trip, then the drivers you know may not be readily available. Therefore, finding a proper and fit driver at a moment’s notice is difficult.
- Rapid strides in technology, especially in mobile apps and mobile Internet, have made it possible to develop business ideas that were not even conceivable a decade ago. The on-demand drier app is one such idea.
- Once enough drivers come on board, the app acts as an AI-powered matchmaker for them with specific and short-term client needs. The affordability of smartphones and mobile Internet data plans has bridged the digital divide and brought people closer than ever.
- The global demand for on-demand driver services is increasing for all kinds of passenger or goods transportation services.
- The ATA or the American Trucking Association estimated that in 2018 more than 50,000 trucks cannot be on the roads for want of trained drivers.
- The ATA further predicts, eCommerce and home-delivery model will create additional demand for 125 thousand drivers in the American trucking industry by 2026.
- Trained drivers are not only needed for trucks or buses. They are also required for home delivery of goods, food, and groceries. These couriers must have a driver’s license to register and earn money.
- There are many reasons in the technology domain that have contributed to the rise of the on-demand business model in general and particularly the on-demand driver app.
- To understand how this business will work and what kind of technical support you must expect from your service provider, look at these new-age technologies, including IoT, AI & ML, high-speed mobile Internet the app ecosystem.
Internet of Things (IoT)
The Internet of Things or popular IoT is the technological solution arrived at after combining embedded sensors, chips, and mobile Internet connectivity. The on-demand driver app can help the driver during their trips to find the best route possible.
The 4G mobile networks now cover more than 80% of the total connected area of the world. In some advanced countries, like Singapore, Hong Kong, Europe, and the USA, the 4G mobile penetration is 100 percent. Many countries have started rolling down the faster and more secure 5G networks.
The use of eWallets to make the micropayments model was an uber success. It allowed the users to make a payment without the risk of losing cash or carrying their cards. It is fast, safe, and straightforward. The e-wallets enable users to keep a digital trail of all the transactions they have made for tax and record purposes.
Affordable Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions enable small businesses to compete on a level playing field with their large counterparts. They help on-demand driver app businesses to reduce the costs of operations and bring efficiency to their process. AI-chatbots can help you reduce the number of human agents needed for answering customer calls and requests.
Data Analytics and Machine Learning:
Data analytics and Machine Learning (ML) are used to find the best drivers for any needs of the client – within city driving needs, inter-city trips, passenger vehicles, or goods carrier needs. The ML systems can make the matchmaking between the drivers and the clients with efficiency and accuracy. Along with AI, ML systems and data analytics can help you improve workflows, driver hiring process, driver onboarding process, order processing, reduce cancellations, and automate notifications.
The Market Size of on-demand Driver Apps:
Some of the largest startups across the world, after the resounding success of Uber, follow the on-demand business model. The on-demand driver apps are there to help fulfill a longstanding need among the customers of the app. The on-demand driver apps have resulted in spectacular growth, an increase in market share, attracting more investments, generating revenues, and enhancing profitability. The moguls with excellent ideas and delivery models sigh with relief with the technological aspects of the business taken care of by the feeling. Some interesting facts and statistics are:
- As per a report from the Atlas research, three-fourths of VC funding has gone into to top five on-demand startups. Among these top-five startups, the four apps relate to on-demand Travel and transportation.
- A Grand View Research report finds that the global on-demand transportation services market size was USD 75.0 billion in 2017. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.8% between 2018 and 2025.
- The global on-demand food & grocery delivery app segment revenues were USD 8 trillion in 2017 and will cross USD 11 trillion by 2024 at a CAGR of 6.8%. This is according to Global Data Analysis and Forecast report.
- According to the same report, more than 10% of all global grocery sales will be made online via on-demand apps before 2023.
Business Model of Driver Apps
As the service provider behind the on-demand apps, you can charge a nominal fee from the service provider or the clients. There can be advertisements to bring more revenues.
The app provider can charge a fee at flat rates or as a percent of the total ride amount charge. This is a sustainable model and increases your revenues as the number of rides keeps on growing.
There can be video ads, banner ads, and e-mailers where you want to capture the interest of the driver or the clients to make purchases of articles shown.
Geolocation advertising is helpful in providing ads to the clients or the onboard drivers based on their current location. These location-based ads can help your clients explore the fast-moving city, but it will take the same time.
Types of On-Demand Driver services:
Drivers provide different kinds of services – some have experience in driving sedans and limousines, while some can take full trucks across the country. Depending on the type of services you need from drivers and the experience of the drivers, we can divide them into some categories.
Private Car Drivers:
These drivers are experts in driving any private car ranging from hatchback to SUV, from a luxury sedan to a Limousine. These drivers are discrete, careful, patient, and know how to deal with their passengers politely and with understanding. You can hire the services of these drivers for short trips within the city to an office, mall, clinic, homes of friends, or even a picnic spot. Their services are available on a per-hour basis from a minimum of one hour to a whole day. You can book their services for many days in continuation. This is especially beneficial if you visit the city only for a few days.
These drivers have a commercial license to drive registered taxi cars. Cab companies and operators can hire the services of these drivers to cover extra shifts during festivals, sports tournaments, and large events in the city. These drivers are available to fill the spots of regular drivers in case someone is sick.
Passenger Traveler Drivers:
Small family trips or a picnic with friends can lose meaning if only one or two-person has the responsibility to be attentive and keep and an eye on the road. With the services of these drives, you can enjoy the party on the road with your friends in the back cabin, while a responsible driver will take you to your destination.
Bus operators frequently need the services of an extra bus driver when someone in the on-roll drivers takes vacations or is on sick leave. These bus drivers have the requisite licenses, training, and permits to take a bus full of passengers for a long trip.
For short trips to deliver goods within the city limits, the service of drivers for pickup vehicles is also available. These drivers can take your interests and deliver them to the intended clients’ location. These drivers can also be hired to deliver products to a client’s doorstep by an eCommerce company.
Trucks provide the most flexible and very affordable mode of transport for a long-distance commute. If you are a fleet operator, and one for drivers is sick, you can always find a dependable driver for short, as well as extended trips of many days.
Heavy Equipment Drivers:
Heavy equipment like cranes, excavators, and mining equipment needs special training and license to operate. Because of their bulk and heavy equipment attached to them, they require a fine calibration with perfect hand-eye coordination.
Benefits of an On-demand Driver App
Convenient booking module for customers:
The on-demand driver app provides a convenient and easy-to-use module or app for clients. Using this client app, you can book an on-demand driver for immediate services or schedule them for late night or early morning to pick up or drop you from the airport.
Scheduling the ride:
Not all requirements are immediate, and sometimes clients would like to be assured of services at a future date and time, within a week. Clients can schedule a pick from the airport before boarding the flight or can schedule a drop at the airport early in the morning. Once a driver accepts the order, their reliability ensures that they reach the location on time so that you do not have to wait.
To help the drivers take your family members, or goods, from point-A to point-B, to the destination, you can make a call to your hired driver. As you will get their live location, you can rest assured that your driver is within the speed limits and driving safely.
Live to track:
In the case of a commercial fleet operation, live tracking of goods is necessary. The same goes for when you hand over the keys to your dream car to a new person. You do not want them to be lost or to be stuck in a traffic jam.
The transaction history, past orders, cancellations, payments, and complaints raised by you from time to time are always kept in your encrypted digital vault. Order management becomes a breeze for all customers.
Review and Ratings:
Customers want to rate the services of their drivers and leave reviews about them. A highly-rated driver will get more offers to drive the vehicles of the passengers and can also charge at a higher rate.
The on-demand driver app provides a push notifications service to keep the client and drivers alert of many essential features and systems state. These notifications tell you the ETA at the destination, order booking, and cancellations, payment made online, etc.
Features in On-demand Driver App
The on-demand driver app provides customized solutions at affordable charges to our clients..
Search and Filter:
The Ai and ML-powered system can optimize the search for the nearest driver who can take your assignment and deliver your passengers or goods across the city.
If your clients want, they can let the drivers place bids in a reverse auction and compete for assignments. This is most suitable in the case of long-distance and long-duration carrier trips.
As soon as you key in the required details for your drivers, the system will generate an estimate for the minimum and maximum fare that will be applicable. With this, the client can decide if they wish to continue or not.
Integrated Payment Gateway:
The on-demand driver app has an integrated payment gateway to allow multiple modes of making the payment. Safe and secure methods include credit cards, debit cards, internet banking, and eWallets.
The app provides real-time tracking of the vehicle with the help of the mobile tower and GPS coordinates. This allows you to keep track of their speed limits and behavior.
Accept/Reject Booking Request:
Drivers can accept or reject the request generated by the system, depending on their availability. The system is running 24×7 to help them.
With an integrated push notification API, you can send real-time alerts and notifications to drivers and clients will help them track the movement of the vehicle.
With in-app messages enabled in the system, the drivers and your users can stay in touch with the various developments in their future and ongoing rides.
With access to the latest Google Maps API, the integrated navigation system helps the driver avoid traffic jams and road closures.
The automated system checks the driving license for each driver from the government database. In case any of the driver’s license are not verified, they can be checked manually later.
Ratings and Feedback:
Users can rate your on-demand driver app as well as their service prodder driver. The positive feedback and high ratings can help a driver get more business.
Book Now or Schedule:
Users may book the on-demand services of a driver for immediate needs, or they can schedule their booking for the future.
These are the features that will make your on-demand driver app stand out.
As drivers will take the vehicle, there will be many blind spots on the route where there will be limited or no mobile network coverage. The on-demand app developed by <<ABC>> can be used offline in such situations for navigation, push notifications, and billing.
The on-demand driver app has support for basic data analytics in the free version, and a complete setup is covered in their failures.
With Ai and ML, the journey time of the trip can be shortened with the help of route optimization.
If the demand for drivers is very high or many of them are not available, then the system will implement the surge formula to help attract more drivers to the system to stabilize it.
Drivers need to upload various documents such as address proof, ID proof, driver’s license, and experience letters. These documents are thoroughly checked for background verification purposes.
Multilingual and Multi-currency:
Users and drivers may speak different languages. The in-app translator can help establish communication in multiple languages to make it popular overnight.
One App Three Solutions:
The on-demand app will be a set of three apps/solutions to be used by the system admin, the user, and the driver. Their features will be a little different as per their needs.
|User Panel||Driver Panel||Admin Panel|
Our on-demand driver app solution is designed to withstand the most challenging situations by a team of experienced professionals. We have deployed cutting-edge technology with great features within the app to benefit our customers.
The Arka Softwares one-touch integration allows the customer to set up and deploy the app as soon as possible. Our master panels are available through a web-based application where you can set up the preferences and settings.
Our solutions are designed with the layperson in our focus. The layperson must know how to use a smartphone to download and install the app. The visual guided tour and intuitive design make it easy-to-adapt and use.
Wrapping it up:
To start your enterprise, get an Uber for driver booking app in-app permissions may be given. With over 10 years of expertise in mobile app development, Arka Softwares can create a robust and dependable solution for an on-demand driver app for system admin, drivers, taxi owner, and their customers. Therefore, we have highly qualified Android and iOS developers to provide top-notch, secure, and effective driver booking mobile apps. Contact Arka Softwares today for on-demand driver service app development!
Rahul Mathur is the founder and managing director of ARKA Softwares, a company renowned for its outstanding mobile app development and web development solutions as well as specialized in Android and iOS app development. Delivering high-end modern solutions to all over the globe, Rahul takes pleasure in sharing his experiences and views on the latest technological trends.